Rx Pt. M Age 63 Dx - indeterminate leprosy How To Treat?

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Please familiarize on subject of leprosy before treating the patient. I will write the regime of MDT for leprosy which I have used hundreds of patients of leprosy since 35 years. First on month: 1 CAP. R-CIN 600 1 OD   (AT MORNING ON EMPTY STOMACH, NO TEA OR ANY FOOD FOR 1 HOUR.    URINE WILL BE REDDISH TILL EVENING) 2 CAP. HANSAPRAN 50 MG 1OD 3 CAP. FESOVIT OR ANY IRON 1 OD After 1 month: 1 CAP. R-CIN 6OO MG ONE EVERY 2 WEEKS 2. CAP. HANSAPRAN 50 MG 1 OD 3. CAP. FESOVIT 1 OD 4 TABLET DAPSONE 100 MG 1 OD ( 2,3 and 4 once a day after lunch or dinner) Duration: Minimum 6 months. Follow after 4-6 weeks. 1 Clinical examination to judge activity of disease 2 Periodic laboratory test like   CBC, ESR, LFT, S. CREATININE, BUN AND URINE R    To detect any side effects of drugs. Please read my MONOGRAPH ON LEPROSY if posssible. Monograph on Leprosy | Infolep www.leprosy-information.org › resource › monograph-leprosy Regards to Dr Partha

Thank you @Dr. Pankaj Jagirdar sir

View 1 other reply

Indeterminate leprosy Tab rifampicin 600mg, 6mnths

Thank you doctor

@Dr. Aniruddha Lele sir Swayambhuva guggul is a excellent preparation for all types of skin diseases. It will give good result in case of Indeterminate Leprosy. But my point of view is without Sodhana chikitsa Samana chikitsa will not be able to make good result.

Valuable opinion sir

View 1 other reply

Single dose of Rifampicin ,600 mg, Ofloxacine 400 mg, minocyclin 100 mg may be sufficient . Alternatively ,Since this is PB, dapsone 100 mg daily, unsupervised , and once a month Rifampicin 600 mg For 6 months

Thank you doctor

Leprosy panchkarma chikitsa would be best with maha manjishthadi kwath,haridra khand,aarogyavardhini and gandhak rasyan...

@Jyoti Bajpai mam what is your opinion about swayambhuv guggulu

Respected @Dr. Pankaj Jagirdar Sir requested to kindly reply.

Thank you doctor

Swayambhuv guggulu works well in leprosy. This is what I have read but never treated pt of leprosy. Seniors please throw light on ayurvedic management @Satyanarayana Reddy Sunku sir @Mudgal sir @P. G. Shah sir @Jyoti Bajpai mam @Ashish Deshpande sir @Hemant Adhikari sir @Niranjan Ram sir @Dr. D.p Singh sir @Pratibha Bhave mam

Thanks

ADVISABLE... RIFAMPICIN. 600 AND DAPSONE. 100 FOR. 6. MONTHS

Thank you doctor

1.reassurance of patient, advice regarding sensory impairment and counselling regarding duration of treatment and importance of regularity 2.Antibiotics - Tab rifampicin 600 mg and dapsone 100 mg daily for 6 months

Valuable opinion

Multi Drug Therapy Regimen

Cases that would interest you