30 years old male presented with Indeterminate leprosy patch at face since 1 year. (Figure 1) Causally he said that now a days my finger-prints does not open mobile phone. His finger-prints did not match with Adhar card. (Figures 2-3) Please share your experience with patients.

3 Likes

LikeAnswersShare

Wao--- Absolutely SIR--- GOD BLESS YOU @Dr. Pankaj Jagirdar SIR

Good information doctor. Wel explained. Keep it up sir.

Thank you Dr Kumar

Yes. The fingerprint ridges are almost vanished

Thank you Dr Anil

Thanks for sharing sir , recently one of my patient told me casualy that one of his relatives could not get her Adhar card for the reason that she could not make a finger print' what came to my mind that time was ? leprosy only .

Thank you Dr Singh

@Dr. Pankaj Jagirdar - nice elaboration .congratulations

Thank you Dr Sunita

I agree Dr. Pankaj

Thank you Dr Umesh

Very informative post sir. New to know Thanks for sharing. @Dr. Pankaj Jagirdar sir

Thank you Dr Saurabh

U R an Excellent Teacher SIR--- N Probably U R very BG SIR-- I Personally Want to give Slightly more time in Curofy, So that We can learn much more--- Thanks--- Respected @Dr. Pankaj Jagirdar SIR.

Dear Dr Dhara Thank you. You are too kind to write this. Honestly I do not deserve. You are right about my other work in last 5 months. My new book Early Diagnosis of Foot Drop due to Leprosy took me 4-5 months to complete. This insignificant work has generated interest among dermatologists, surgeon, pathologists and preventive medicine experts in various medical universities aboard. In 25 days 600 researchers have read/downloaded this work. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323747843_Early_Diagnosis_in_Foot_Drop_due_to_Leprosy Please read and give your suggestion. with regards pankaj

Good informative post sir

Alteration Finger-prints Finger-prints are increasingly used as identification on smart phones, Adhar card etc. Unfortunate leprosy patients are finding this problem now a days. Following is short review of the subject. Permanent impairment of finger-prints occur in following conditions: 1. Leprosy 2. Electrocution 3. Radiation exposure Finger-prints not altered but distance between ridges changed in following conditions: 1. Infantile paralysis 2. Rickets 3. Acromegaly Finger-prints ridge alteration occurs in following conditions: 1. Eczema 2. Acanthosis nigricans 3. Scleroderma 4. Dry or atrophic skin Ridge atrophy and loss of pattern in following condition: 1. Coeliac disease Please read FINGER-PRINTS CAN BE PERMANENTLY ALTERED BY: A ECZEMAB LEPROSY C ... gradestack.com/Dr-Bhatia-Medical/Finger-prints-can-be/55-3042-3166-15604-sf

Informative.. Thank you sir

View 5 other replies

Load more answers